- (no subject)
- March 24th, 2008
<b>1. You’d rather communicate with people via e-mail, text messaging, instant message, or Twitter, then face to face, because “it’s just easier that way.” </b>
2. If you’ve ever used “Joshua” as a password and thought you were being clever.
<b>3. 16GB flash drive “just doesn’t hold enough.” </b>
4. You buy a gadget just for the thrill of hacking it.
<b>5. You say phrases like “Make it so!” and “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for”, when you talk to people. (I've been known to say "Make it so!" or "Make it so, Number One" to mum)
6. You write “text” in blocks of “140 Characters.” </b>
7. You have an LCD monitor 20″ or greater, or a multiple monitor setup.
8. You do arithmetic in computer language (i.e. binary, ASCII) to impress friends, family and acquaintances.
<b>9. You have more friends in the ‘virtual world’ than in real life!
10. You wear T-shirts with Star Wars, Stark Trek or any computer-related visuals on them. (though, I think this would actually refer more to my 'gamer' aspect, as they're all computer games). </b>
11. You have a computer server at home… which has a name… in the basement… of your parents’ house…..which is called your “Command Center” or NORAD (after watching WarGames)… extra Geek points if your home server is named: W.O.P.R. or HAL.* It’s named ‘dracula’.
<b>12. You have a junkyard full of extra computer parts in your garage. </b>
13. You built your own PC and giggle when people tell you they have a Dell or HP computer.
14. Your PC has 4GB of RAM OR MORE…
15. You’re proud of your own built PC that’s so powerful it rivals IBM’s Blue Gene Supercomputer.
<b>16. You carry a USB flash drive in your pocket regardless of where you go. (it has its own glasses case or EXTRA protection!</b>
17. When you’re bored you take apart your desktop, laptop, television, DVD, DVR or cable box for fun.
<b>18. Friends, family and family friends’ friends, call you asking for computer help. (Why i dont know) </b>
19. You are fluent in the Klingon language.
<b>20. You have a cable internet connection but would like a T-1 line if it was reasonably affordable. (I have DSL, but wouldn't mind a T-1 line)
21. You give your servers little pet names ex: Maximus or WOPR.
22. You know that W.O.P.R. doesn’t refer to just a hamburger. </b>
23. Red Bulls and frozen dinners are a daily part of your diet.
24. When you yell at your radio whenever a “Computer Show” airs because you think the host is an idiot…
25. You listen to the idiot anyway…
26. World of Warcraft is constantly on your to-do list.
27. You have four (or more) computers at your house, and it “just isn’t enough.”
28. You know that Debian, Ubuntu and Mandrake are just funny kids names.
29. You actually name your kids Debian, Ubuntu or Mandrake.
30. You’ve ever used “12345″ as a password and thought you were being clever.
<b>31. No matter how fast your computer turns on, it still isn’t “fast enough”… even if it is just waking up from a sleep mode.
32. You passionately argue the virtues of (pick ‘em): Windows vs. Apple vs. Linux / ATI vs. nVidia / AMD vs. Intel / LCD vs. Plasma / Star Wars vs. Star Trek vs. / Comics vs. Graphic Novels / HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray / USB vs. Firewire / Jobs vs. Gates / etc. etc…
33. You loathe people who buy iPods, iPhones, or iTouches just because they are the hip things to own. </b>
34. You secretly covet having an iPod, iPhone, or iTouch - but are too embarrassed to own one because of what your geek friends would think. (I LOVE MY IPOD!)
<b>35. Your family calls you to fix their computers… so do your non-geek friends (or friend)… so do strangers…
36. You have major farmer’s tan! (YEE HAW KEN-TUCK-E)
37. You own five or more useless gadgets that run off your USB ports. </b>
38. Your “laptop” with its massive 20-inch screen weighs more then your “desktop computer.”
<b>39. You’ve gotten this far READING THIS LIST!